Foals are born with a sterile gut which is rapidly colonised by both beneficial and pathogenic bacteria. A fine balance exists which can easily be disrupted, leading to scouring, ill thrift and other problems. Feeding PROTEXIN® from birth protects the foal from pathogens, improves digestive efficiency, enables better utilisation of feed and makes the transition from milk to solid feed easier.
All horses benefit from PROTEXIN®'s ability to stabilise intestinal microflora, maximise gut health and resist the effects of stress.
Stress, in all forms is one of the major causes of disruption to the normal balance of microflora in the gut, allowing proliferation of pathogens. Loss of appetite, picky eating, scouring, poor condition and changes in temperament are some of the less consequences. Stress is easily induced with some common causes being: changes in diet, heavy work or training, temperature extremes, breeding, transportation, worming, vaccinations and changes to environment. Use of PROTEXIN® in these circumstances protects horses from negative intestinal changes while improving digestive efficiency and general health.
Antibiotics are particularly harmful to gut microflora, leaving horses susceptible to re-infection. PROTEXIN® should always be administered following any course of antibiotics.
10 BENEFITS OF PROTEXIN
- Establishment of beneficial gut microflora
- Suppression of E. Coli Salmonella & Aeromonas spp
- Treatment and control of scouring and diarrhoea
- Improved digestibility of feed
- Improved growth and feed conversion
- Reduced digestive upsets
- Enhanced animal health
- Re-establishment of gut microflora following antibiotics, wormers or vaccination
- Reducing stress (stress disrupts normal intestinal balance)
- Safe, non-toxic and residue-free